Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Music 9/4/13

It's been a quiet time for me music wise. I haven't bought or listened to any new CDs, in part because I was busy spending all my money on amazing concerts. In the span of two weeks I saw The Monkees, The Zombies, and The Breeders. The latter concert was a special date night with Allie -- our first show together in over two years (since before the baby was born).

I recently bought two records (Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense and a collection of 1935 Django Reinhardt recordings) but I have been too busy and/or lazy to get my broken record player fixed. Boo hoo!

I did get caught in a loop last week at the Onion AV Club site and just love this cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Down In It" by Kurt Vile.
Kurt Vile covers Nine Inch Nails I love the white noise guitar soloing over the beats! I listened to about half of the covers and the only other one that really impressed me was the cover of Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days"by Basia Bulat. It's a beautiful cover and I love watching her play that pianoette aka hammered harp.


No comments:

Post a Comment