Monday, September 16, 2013

Music 09/13/13

I was really impressed with this animation/video for Fiona Apple covering "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I've never even seen the original movie but the song is one of my all time classic earworms, where I just find myself singing it. This cover is awesome, Fiona is one of my favorites and actually leads my best of 2012 mix (zine still not finished, possibly never will be).

I love how this cover goes from eerie sounding to triumphant, perfectly complimenting the video. One minute she sings about imagination over images of human engineering gone haywire and the music inspires chills. Later she sins about imagination and the production has brightened and we see images of the best of human ingenuity. A great song arrangement.


No comments:

Post a Comment