Friday, August 2, 2013

Baby Jokes

I can't always tell if Clementine misunderstands things when she uses double-meanings and puns or if it's just part of her burgeoning sense of humor. But I am pretty sure she know what she is doing at least most of the time.

Like a couple months ago when we were talking about polka-dots and looking at pictures of them. She poked me in the ribs with her fingers and laughed saying "Polka dots."

Now when we build towers and I tell her to knock them over, as she loves to do, she knocks on them like a door with her little fist until they fall over. She used to just push them over. Pun or confusion? I'm not sure on this one.

Last week, she was wearing an outfit Allie's mom (Nanna) sent her for her upcoming birthday. Allie said, "Remember who gave you that outfit?" Clementine answered "Nanna chips" as in the dried bannana chips she likes to eat as snacks. Joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment