Monday, April 16, 2012

Support a good cause- the future of Sparkplug Comic Books

We spent the last two weekends busting our butts finishing up our taxes. And for the first time ever, they are ready in time. This was just the culmination of months of Guapo reorganization and bookkeeping we've been catching up on this year. Now I expect to have a lot more free time to work on our other chores, hobbies, and goals; including updating this blog a little more often.

For a quick entry, I'd like to shine a light on a good cause. As I mentioned in a blog post last fall, our good friend Dylan Williams, cartoonist and Sparkplug Comic Book publisher, passed away last year. His widow and friends are carrying on with his company and planning to publish their first three Sparkplug books. They have launched an IndieGoGo fundraising campaign which ends in a couple of weeks. Click here to see the campaign listing and watch a very touching video about Dylan and his work. Look closely and you'll see a photo of Allie and me in there with Dylan and friends. I was stoked to see this because we only have a couple photos of us with Dylan and I wasn't aware of this one until I watched the video. If you have any interest in art comics, independent art, supporting small business, or supporting DIY culture, please consider contributing to the Sparkplug campaign.

I hope to be in touch soon with more news and updates.
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment