Friday, April 27, 2012

Plus Minus, 4-22-12

Another decent week getting rid of stuff. I've been going through some of the comics I've been hoarding and ditching the inessential.

MINUS

1.      KEEP OUR SECRETS BOARD BOOK
2.      VERTICAL COMIC
3.      ONE PAIR CHECKERED PANTS
4.      ONE PAIR SWEAT PANTS

PLUS

1.      AL JARDINE: A POSTCARD FROM CALIFORNIA CD
2.      XIU XIU: ALWAYS CD
3.      BOB DYLAN: OH MERCY CD

I don't always buy so much music (though I wish I did!) but I hit the record stores for Record Store Day on 4-21-12. Everything I wanted was sold out, but I did finally get the two new CDs I've been pining over - Xiu Xiu and Al Jardine - both of which are excellent. I got these from Music Milennum my favorite shop in town. I picked up the Dylan album at a garage sale by Reed College for two bucks. Oh Mercy is the late '80s masterpiece produced by Daniel Lanois. I've been obsessing over Dylan (in a way) and even started a Dylan book called On the Road with Bob Dylan about his return to touring in the mid 1970s.

No comments:

Post a Comment