Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7- A Early Birthday Celebration

Today Jeremy's parents drove up from Eugene for an early celebration of Jeremy's birthday (which is on the 9th). I'm always so impressed by their willingness to drive for two hours just to visit for the day. It is very sweet of them and I must admit I am a little envious of how supportive and devoted Jeremy's parents can be. I hope to extend what I have learned from them one day to Cleme so that she feels just  as supported and confident in us as parents.


 We went out for a delicious lunch at a local neighborhood joint, Foster Burger. We started off our lunch by sharing two different orders of fries. Since our last visit Foster Burger has added a selection of poutines to their menu. Jeremy ordered a classic poutine to test out. The only other time I tried poutine was at Potato Champion on Hawthorne. I thought you couldn't go wrong with the combo of fries, gravy and cheese curds, but somehow I was less than impressed. I thought that someday if I went to Montreal or something I could see how it should be done. I can save my money because the poutine at Foster Burger was super tasty. It was salty, warm and the cheese curds were like little creamy niblets of dairy gold. We also all split an order of my personal favorite, the black and white fries. The black and white fries are fries topped with truffle oil, parmesan, and rosemary. The"black" in the black and white fries refers to the side of squid ink aioli for dipping the fries in. I love this aioli. It's lemony and slightly fishy tasting. So good.


After dinner we headed back to our house opened presents and chatted for a couple of hours before Jeremy's parents hit the road and headed back home. It was a short, but sweet visit. Thanks G-ma and G-pa T!

No comments:

Post a Comment