Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11- In which we Music-ed Together

Today I woke Cleme up early (10:15) to go to our very first Music Together class. We made it there just as the class was getting started. Cleme and I found an open spot at the circle and had ourselves a seat. When the whole circle of moms, dads and caretakers started to sing, Cleme got a, "What in the hell is going on?" look on her face. But that quickly turned to a smile. She didn't get sad or upset the whole time we were there. The only time she started to fuss was when they turned out the lights and played Brahm's Lullabye. A couple of her nightime toys play that song and I think she associated it with going to bed. She started trying to nurse. Overall, I think she had a great time at class today and I  can't wait to take her next week.

After our class we walked down Hawthorne and visited a new children's resale store called "Punkin' Doodles." It was teeny tiny inside. I found a cute little fleece cape for Cleme and a springy green one piece. The prices were really reasonable and the owner was really nice. We'll probably stop in next week after class too.

When we got back home Cleme took a nice long nap while I folded laundry. When she woke up we put on the Lady GaGa channel on Pandora and I put away the folded laundry while Cleme hung out in her Johnny jump up. Tonight was the first time she has figured out that it bounces if she bends her legs up and down. It was pretty cute to watch her smiling and jumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment