Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Time

I finished my 2009 Year in Review Zine! I printed up all the copies yesterday. It looks pretty good. I'll try and post a pic after X-mas. I'm so glad I got It done before Christmas--if you'll recall, the 2008 issue was finished four and a half months late--in April of 2009.


We've been overwhelmingly busy getting ready for the holidays. We spent six hours on Sunday making cards. I spent over two hours yesterday writing in messages and the addresses while Allie slaved away in the kitchen making sweet treats for friends.


I'm hoping to wrap up the rest of my gift shopping on my lunch break today.


In other news, I've been overly-excited by the fact that the Wherehouse CD/DVD store on 82nd is going out of business. Everything in stock was 30% off and now it's 40% off. I bought a lot of presents and a lot of other stuff there. Allie and I picked out for ourselves the 3 disc Travelling Wilbury's box set as well as a box set with 6 Nirvana albums in it. The Nirvana one especially felt great to get--I had there first three albums on tape only, and the Unplugged one on CD-R. We got these sets for $42 combined!


Sunday making cards, we listened to Nevermind, In Utero, Incesticide, From the Muddy Banks of the Wishka, and Sliver: The Best of the Box (twice on this last one). I also started reading the Rolling Stone Nirvana book Allie got in April. It's been like time travelling back to high school, except now I am a much bigger Nirvana fan.


I love CD box sets like the two above, where you can get the entirety of an artist's output in one fail swoop. It really makes life easier for a completist collector like me. Other awesome comprehensive sets I've gotten my hands on are the four disc Zombies set, the five disc Simon and Garfunkel set, and the 9 disc Black Sabbath set (collecting all of the Ozzy era Sabbath). There's one other like these I want to get--the Misfits set which comes in a coffin shaped box and includes all the Danzig-era Misfits.

Allie and I will be going to Eugene for Christmas I'm looking forward to seeing our respective families and am hoping to be able to make time to visit a couple old high school friends.


I hope to be posting again soon.
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment