Friday, September 25, 2009

We're having a store event

I just remembered yesterday was my six-year anniversary at my day job. Normally I'd get a raise, but they've been dropped from the budget this year as a result of the poor economy.

I had an anxiety dream about my work yesterday morning. In my dream, I woke up late at 10:30 am, horrified that I had slept in (I start at 8:00 am). I fell back asleep and woke up again at 1:00 pm, fell back asleep again and woke up at 4:00 pm. I slept the whole day away! I didn't call in to let my boss know I'd be late and I was certain I'd be fired. I was feeling a little relieved when I realized I was sick. And when I realized the house had flooded during the night, I thought I just might have enough excuses to get out of trouble. The flood waters had receded but the house was a mess. The rabbits had escaped from their cages. I woke up for real to see I had forgotten to set my alarm. It was 7:06 am. I had slept in six minutes but still made it to work on time.

Tomorrow is the "Fun On Foster" neighborhood event. Our store will be having multiple things going on in connection with it. 1. We will have a variety of local cartoonists in from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm drawing with kids that come in. 2. Any kid that participates will be given a free copy of a coloring books featuring local cartoonists. I printed these up and assembled them today. Sean Christensen did the art gathering and layout as well as the awesome cover below (along with Stefan Saito).

3. The art the kids draw will be hung on the walls as part of our September art show, which will officially debut in the evening. The proceeds from any of the pieces that sell will go to P:EAR, an organization that works with homeless and parentless youth. 4. We'll also be selling Cotton Candy.

I'm looking forward to the events. If a bunch of kids participate it will be awesome, but it's pretty hard to tell in advance how the turnout will be. We're going o have to put in an extra long shift from 10:00 am to 8:00 or 9:00 pm.

Here's a sample of some of the interior art work in the coloring book:


The theme of the coloring book is magic and fantasy.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment